Precautions for Thermal Sensors
Please click here for precautions of common matters for all products.
Although the characteristic of Thermal Sensors is highly appreciated, the way of their uses greatly
affects it and can impact errors in temperature measurement, to which you are requested to pay attention.
- An excessive current, such as a surge, may damage thermal sensors.
- A water drop by condensation or foreign matter put between electrode wires may cause an insulation deficiency and lower thermal sensors resistance value. Care must be exercised when using this product.
- Avoid applying a thermal shock with a large temperature difference in order to maintain thermistor accuracy.
- Some areas of thermal sensors use a special temperature sensing film. Contact us if sensors are always operated in a high temperature region.
- Welding is recommended to connect the heat resistant leads of element of SDT101B, SDT310P, SDT310MTM and SDT310AP. Flux for stainless is suitable for the soldering. Wash the flux remnants by hot water to remove it away.
The 3-wire system or 4-wire system is recommended to measure high precision temperatures for both SDT101 and SDT310 series.
- If it is molded or placed in a metal tube filling with resin, the resistance value may occasionally vary slightly depending on the resin used.
- Sensor resistance values described are specified by resistance values of the elements (SDT101 series, SDT310 series) used in the sensors. The resistance of the external conductor is added to the resistance value of element, impacting errors in temperature measurement. For this reason, the shorter the conductor is, the smaller the errors will be. For example, when a ST series using element of SDT101 series a 100, a 2.9 detection error will result, assuming that the resistance of the external conductor is 1. Select the 3-wire or the 4-wire system so that a measurement error by the resistance of the outer lead wire can be eliminated.
- The sensor element has a sufficient heat resistance characteristic.
Nevertheless, the operating temperature range will differ depending on the materials used in the external conductor and filler. Select an appropriate standard sensor in accordance with the operating temperature range and operating environment.
- The quality of ST series is assured by the element.